- 262,043 hits
- Follow Honest about my faith on WordPress.com
Join 426 other followers
Top Posts & Pages
- How should Christians respond to blasphemy?
- My Greatest Creation is You
- A Creative Communion Service Inspired by John 8.1-12
- Fix you, Brave, brokenness and transformation
- Looking for a different Perspective?
- Praying for People Affected by the Grenfell Tower Tragedy
- What does Dope mean?
- Don't forget in the Dark what you have seen in the Light
- Modern Parables
- The one with Green Footprints and Less Litter
Category Cloudacceptance Being honest about our faith Bible Blessed to be a blessing change christmas Christmas story church creative communication discipleship Everyone is valuable Faith film Following Jesus freedom God is with us God loves us Holy Spirit hope Jesus Learning Life experiences Life in all it's fullness Listening to God Loving one another Prayer Relationship with God Saved by Jesus trust Who am I
Follow me on Instagram
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Tag Archives: why was jesus born in a stable
The Roman Emperor, Augustus, decreed that a Census should be taken throughout the Roman Empire (Luke 2.1) and as a result Mary and Joseph went to Bethlehem. Hundreds of years before this, God said that the Messiah would be born … Continue reading
The version of the nativity that is often presented in church is a very nice, clean and happy story but have you ever considered how tragic that the Christmas story really is? Mary was unmarried and pregnant and the punishment in her culture … Continue reading
My daughter looked up from what she was writing and asked ‘do you think Mary cried when there was no room at the inn?’ After we had talked about it I took this photo of what she had drawn and … Continue reading