- 261,896 hits
- Follow Honest about my faith on WordPress.com
Join 426 other followers
Top Posts & Pages
- What does Dope mean?
- A Creative Communion Service Inspired by John 8.1-12
- Daniel and the Scary Sleepover
- Prodigal Son Craft Activity
- Is Jesus Angry with Your Church?
- God will make your paths straight but not necessarily mud free
- Trashing the Temple Courts: What was that all about?
- God's Unfailing Love
- The Numerous Health and Safety Breaches in the Crossing of the Jordan River
- We could hear the singing from 2 1/2 miles away
Category Cloudacceptance Being honest about our faith Bible Blessed to be a blessing change christmas Christmas story church creative communication discipleship Everyone is valuable Faith film Following Jesus freedom God is with us God loves us Holy Spirit hope Jesus Learning Life experiences Life in all it's fullness Listening to God Loving one another Prayer Relationship with God Saved by Jesus trust Who am I
Follow me on Instagram
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Tag Archives: Why is it called Good Friday
I was recently in a meeting and I noticed that the base of the table in front of me was a cross. As I thought about this, I began to think about how the cross is the foundation of the … Continue reading
I was reading the part of the Easter story where Peter cuts off the ear of the High Priest’s slave. Usually this is a part of the account that gets missed out but as I thought about it, I began to … Continue reading
They were the strangest set of gifts that Mary had ever seen! Some important looking people had turned up at her house and they were really offering her son gold, some incense (she had only ever seen it used in the … Continue reading
So, today we remember that a man was beaten, tortured, nailed to a cross and left to hang there until he died. So why on earth do we call it Good Friday? Shouldn’t it be called ‘Bad Friday’ or ‘Sad Friday’? … Continue reading