- 270,423 hits
- Follow Honest about my faith on WordPress.com
Join 427 other subscribers
Top Posts & Pages
- Prodigal Son Craft Activity
- Popcorn helps us to understand pentecost
- Sticking Pins in the Cross: A Creative Prayer Activity
- How should Christians respond to blasphemy?
- A Creative Communion Service Inspired by John 8.1-12
- A creative assembly or church talk for children about the trinity and the incarnation
- Explaining the Holy Spirit simply - an all age talk / Sermon for Pentecost
- It's Good to Pray
- Creative communication
- The Light Shines the Brightest in the Darkest Places
Category Cloudacceptance Being honest about our faith Bible Blessed to be a blessing change christmas Christmas story church creative communication discipleship Everyone is valuable Faith film Following Jesus freedom God is with us God loves us Holy Spirit hope Jesus Learning Life experiences Life in all it's fullness Listening to God Loving one another Prayer Relationship with God Saved by Jesus trust Who am I
Follow me on Instagram
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Tag Archives: what is lent?
Is Lent primarily about giving things up or giving more time to God? (Lent short reflection 1)
Lent is most commonly associated with giving things up but if that is all that it means to us then we may be missing the point. This is the first in a series of short videos which can be used … Continue reading
Lent Reflection 1: Do you know who you are?
When Jesus was in the wilderness, two of his temptations began with these words: If you are the son of God, then… It’s strange isn’t it! You would have thought that being told to turn stones into bread when you … Continue reading
Posted in acceptance, Faith, God loves us, Who am I Tagged identity, Jesus in the wilderness, lent, lent reflection, loved by God, prodigal son, temptation, what is lent?, who am I Leave a comment
Lent is primarily about going With God, not going Without things
Traditionally people associate Lent with giving things up but if this is our only focus I think that we might be missing the real point? During Lent, people especially remember the time when Jesus spent 40 days and nights in … Continue reading
What is Lent all about?
So, we have eaten our pancakes and now it is Lent but do we really understand what it is all about? We may know someone who is giving up chocolate for Lent but I’m fairly convinced that this sort of thing … Continue reading