- 84,533 hits
- Follow Honest about my faith on WordPress.com
Top Posts & Pages
- The Man Comes Around: Some thoughts about the Logan End Credits Song
- Why was I annoyed? It isn't My Woodland!
- Nothing happened?
- Trashing the Temple Courts: What was that all about?
- How should Christians respond to blasphemy?
- Is it time to make God the focus of our prayer lives again?
- The one about candles, the Holy Spirit and Pentecost
- Don't ask God to direct your steps if you aren't willing to move your feet
- So, was it world book day or world dressing up day yesterday?
- The irony of freedom behind a fence
Category Cloudacceptance Being honest about our faith Bible Blessed to be a blessing change christmas Christmas story church creative communication discipleship Everyone is valuable Faith film Following Jesus freedom God is our father God is with us God loves us Holy Spirit hope Jesus Life experiences Life in all it's fullness Listening to God Loving one another Prayer Relationship with God Saved by Jesus trust Who am I
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Tag Archives: Saved by Jesus
God washes away our sins! This cleansing from sin isn’t just about a ticket to heaven, it’s also about the beginning of a new life in relationship with God. You see, God isn’t satisfied with just cleansing us from sin, he … Continue reading
A simple idea that can be used in messy church, family activity or even a Sunday morning service to illustrate how the cross cleanses us from sin. Start with a blank canvas with some masking tape in the shape of … Continue reading
At the end of our service last Sunday, our Communion table looked like this. We started the service thinking about the parable of the lost sheep (Luke 15.1-7). We watched a short video animation of the story (see below) and then … Continue reading
My daughter wrote a note for the staff at a hotel that we stayed in recently. It said, ‘This room is AMAZING’. I would have loved to have seen the face of the person who came to clean the room when they … Continue reading
So, I came across this picture of some knitted nativity characters. I noticed the donkey and the sheep at the top of the picture and my next thought was that the sheep in the bottom left looked dead because it had … Continue reading
So, today we remember that a man was beaten, tortured, nailed to a cross and left to hang there until he died. So why on Earth do we call it Good Friday? Shouldn’t it be called ‘Bad Friday’ or ‘Sad Friday’? … Continue reading
This blog is dedicated to my mother in law, Ruth who took this picture and posted it on my Facebook Timeline. Ruth and her friend Judith then proceeded to comment encouraging me to write a blog post about it. It … Continue reading