- 84,533 hits
- Follow Honest about my faith on WordPress.com
Top Posts & Pages
- The Man Comes Around: Some thoughts about the Logan End Credits Song
- Why was I annoyed? It isn't My Woodland!
- Nothing happened?
- Trashing the Temple Courts: What was that all about?
- How should Christians respond to blasphemy?
- Is it time to make God the focus of our prayer lives again?
- The one about candles, the Holy Spirit and Pentecost
- Don't ask God to direct your steps if you aren't willing to move your feet
- So, was it world book day or world dressing up day yesterday?
- The irony of freedom behind a fence
Category Cloudacceptance Being honest about our faith Bible Blessed to be a blessing change christmas Christmas story church creative communication discipleship Everyone is valuable Faith film Following Jesus freedom God is our father God is with us God loves us Holy Spirit hope Jesus Life experiences Life in all it's fullness Listening to God Loving one another Prayer Relationship with God Saved by Jesus trust Who am I
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Tag Archives: luke 15
The voice on the other end of the phone said ‘What do you want to do with the Prodigal Son?’ There was a short pause and then encouragingly they said ‘Save’. This happened a while ago when I was preaching at … Continue reading
I was talking with a Minister recently who was preparing a Sermon on a very well known passage from the gospel of Luke. They mentioned they were reading a commentary for background information and my instinctive reaction was to say ‘you … Continue reading
I recently came across the picture ‘Love that Lifts a Child’ by Kristi Valiant which is I think is a beautiful image and illustration of true love. The picture is inspired by the story of the Prodigal son in which a son asked for … Continue reading
So, yesterday it was the world premiere of the new James Bond film, Spectre and there was a red carpet to greet and welcome the people who had a ticket. A red carpet sends out the message to the people invited that they are special and important. As … Continue reading
If someone could hear our thoughts (now that’s a scary thought) I wonder what they would say about what is driving us? Do we believe that God only loves us when we live a holy life or when we are … Continue reading