- 204,697 hits
- Follow Honest about my faith on WordPress.com
Top Posts & Pages
- Trashing the Temple Courts: What was that all about?
- The one about candles, the Holy Spirit and Pentecost
- Explaining the Holy Spirit simply - an all age talk / Sermon for Pentecost
- Popcorn helps us to understand pentecost
- What does Dope mean?
- Pentecost: Knowing God rather than just knowing about him
- Life can feel like a game of Snakes and Ladders, just ask Joseph!
- Are we thankful for Pentecost?
- How should Christians respond to blasphemy?
- Why it's normal to be weak and strong
Category Cloudacceptance Being honest about our faith Bible Blessed to be a blessing change christmas Christmas story church creative communication discipleship Everyone is valuable Faith film Following Jesus freedom God is with us God loves us Holy Spirit hope Jesus Learning Life experiences Life in all it's fullness Listening to God Loving one another Prayer Relationship with God Saved by Jesus trust Who am I
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Tag Archives: let your light shine
There is a part of the Christmas story that I don’t recall seeing in many or even possibly any Nativity plays. King Herod was far from happy that the Magi had arrived saying that there was a newly born King … Continue reading
So, Donald Trump is going to be the next US president and judging by my Facebook news feed this morning, his win has provoked some extreme panic and despair for many people. I’ve been reflecting on this today and it … Continue reading
We used a simple illustration with a candle in church yesterday to think about the light of the world. We lit a candle and encouraged everyone to think about what it means that Jesus is the light of the world (John 8.12). … Continue reading
I loved watching the latest Star Wars film. I enjoyed the action and the humour but what struck me the most was the line: While there is light we still have a chance. In case you still haven’t seen it, … Continue reading
So, you have probably seen a lot of fireworks over the past few days. Fireworks definitely provoke a response. My children really love looking at them but I also know some people who have had enough of them and are glad that … Continue reading
Sam was in the dark and he was terrified. The day had started so well as he and some friends had set off to explore a local cave system. As they had entered the dark unknown they felt a strange mix of … Continue reading