- 266,001 hits
- Follow Honest about my faith on WordPress.com
Join 426 other subscribers
Top Posts & Pages
- What does Dope mean?
- It's Good to Pray
- Prodigal Son Craft Activity
- The One About Star Prayers
- A Note Trying to Negotiate with the Tooth Fairy
- Is Jesus Angry with Your Church?
- A Parable: What's the Point of the Church?
- Life can feel like a game of Snakes and Ladders, just ask Joseph!
- Do you ever feel like the worst Christian?
- A work of art, brokeness and restoration
Category Cloudacceptance Being honest about our faith Bible Blessed to be a blessing change christmas Christmas story church creative communication discipleship Everyone is valuable Faith film Following Jesus freedom God is with us God loves us Holy Spirit hope Jesus Learning Life experiences Life in all it's fullness Listening to God Loving one another Prayer Relationship with God Saved by Jesus trust Who am I
Follow me on Instagram
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Tag Archives: Jesus in the wilderness
I’ve only waited 30 years for an answer but as I prepared last week’s sermon I understood why I hadn’t walked on water all those years ago. I had stood on the edge of the swimming pool during a school … Continue reading
When Jesus said that ‘people do not live by bread alone’, was he reminding us that there is more to life than just surviving? When he said this, he had been fasting for 40 days and 40 nights and the … Continue reading
When Jesus was in the wilderness, two of his temptations began with these words: If you are the son of God, then… It’s strange isn’t it! You would have thought that being told to turn stones into bread when you … Continue reading
Traditionally people associate Lent with giving things up but if this is our only focus I think that we might be missing the real point? During Lent, people especially remember the time when Jesus spent 40 days and nights in … Continue reading