- 84,534 hits
- Follow Honest about my faith on WordPress.com
Top Posts & Pages
- The Man Comes Around: Some thoughts about the Logan End Credits Song
- Why was I annoyed? It isn't My Woodland!
- Nothing happened?
- Trashing the Temple Courts: What was that all about?
- How should Christians respond to blasphemy?
- Is it time to make God the focus of our prayer lives again?
- The one about candles, the Holy Spirit and Pentecost
- Don't ask God to direct your steps if you aren't willing to move your feet
- So, was it world book day or world dressing up day yesterday?
- The irony of freedom behind a fence
Category Cloudacceptance Being honest about our faith Bible Blessed to be a blessing change christmas Christmas story church creative communication discipleship Everyone is valuable Faith film Following Jesus freedom God is our father God is with us God loves us Holy Spirit hope Jesus Life experiences Life in all it's fullness Listening to God Loving one another Prayer Relationship with God Saved by Jesus trust Who am I
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Tag Archives: friend of sinners
Do we relate to Jesus primarily as his Mates or his Minions? To put it another way, do you mainly approach Jesus as his friend or as his servant? Jesus chose disciples ‘that they might be with him and that he … Continue reading
Bill had always found it difficult to make friends, especially at school. He didn’t feel very clever and he wasn’t even good at sport, he felt like a nobody and it seemed like everyone treated him that way. Life had … Continue reading
As I was in a shop earlier today I heard a woman complaining to the man that she was with that they had taken too longs shopping. Initially, I found this really funny but then I found it really sad that I … Continue reading
In most nativity plays there is an Innkeeper who says (often too enthusiastically!) that they have no room. Was it the innkeeper who had no room or is there more to the story? Joseph was travelling to his ‘ancestral town’ of Bethlehem … Continue reading
A few weeks ago, Mary Poppins came to Orchard Baptist Church and she even lent me her umbrella to use as an illustration in my talk. We had invited people to come dressed as someone who inspires them and we … Continue reading
Recently, someone in my family (who shall remain nameless) went to catch a bus but he had forgotten his (oops, just narrowed it down a bit) bus pass. When I arrived home from dropping him off at the bus stop … Continue reading