- 270,248 hits
- Follow Honest about my faith on WordPress.com
Join 427 other subscribers
Top Posts & Pages
- Explaining the Holy Spirit simply - an all age talk / Sermon for Pentecost
- The one about candles, the Holy Spirit and Pentecost
- Popcorn helps us to understand pentecost
- What does Dope mean?
- The Kingdom of God is like a Farmer Growing Crops
- Prodigal Son Craft Activity
- A Creative Communion Service Inspired by John 8.1-12
- Life can feel like a game of Snakes and Ladders, just ask Joseph!
- The Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard ....... cartoon I didn't get!
- How should Christians respond to blasphemy?
Category Cloudacceptance Being honest about our faith Bible Blessed to be a blessing change christmas Christmas story church creative communication discipleship Everyone is valuable Faith film Following Jesus freedom God is with us God loves us Holy Spirit hope Jesus Learning Life experiences Life in all it's fullness Listening to God Loving one another Prayer Relationship with God Saved by Jesus trust Who am I
Follow me on Instagram
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Tag Archives: don’t let negative experiences put you off
I’m not having the best day
My day hasn’t gone brilliantly so far. I decided to deliver the 300 remaining flyers for our church fun day and when I was most of the way around the heavens opened and I got soaked. We then had a phone … Continue reading
Posted in Being honest about our faith, contentment, Faith, Life experiences, Life in all it's fullness, Listening to God, Relationship with God Tagged don't let negative experiences put you off, don't let your circumstances define you, happiness depends on our circumstances, now I am deeply discouraged but I will remember you, Psalm 42, seeing past the negative, shaped by my experiences, thankful in all circumstances, trust God, trust in God, trusting even when things go wrong, when things go wrong, why am I discouraged Leave a comment
Moving past negative experiences
Driving to the hospital with a very ill child is not how anyone wants to spend a Friday evening. By 10pm I was carrying my very sleepy daughter into Asda to collect a prescription. Cow pyjamas and pink dressing gown … Continue reading
Posted in church, consumerism, Faith, grace, Life experiences Tagged are we becoming judgemental and less tolerant, bad experiences, being judgemental, buy DVDs online, colchester hospital, don't give up on church, don't let negative experiences put you off, good service, NHS, seeing past the negative, Tesco entertainment, x factor Leave a comment