- 270,693 hits
- Follow Honest about my faith on WordPress.com
Join 427 other subscribers
Top Posts & Pages
- Prodigal Son Craft Activity
- A Creative Communion Service Inspired by John 8.1-12
- Trying to Trip Jesus up: What was that all about?
- Trashing the Temple Courts: What was that all about?
- Which picture best describes your relationship with God?
- How should Christians respond to blasphemy?
- The one about packing what is important
- A Million Dreams or Making Do?
- What does Dope mean?
- Should I have left the light on or not?
Category Cloudacceptance Being honest about our faith Bible Blessed to be a blessing change christmas Christmas story church creative communication discipleship Everyone is valuable Faith film Following Jesus freedom God is with us God loves us Holy Spirit hope Jesus Learning Life experiences Life in all it's fullness Listening to God Loving one another Prayer Relationship with God Saved by Jesus trust Who am I
Follow me on Instagram
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Tag Archives: 1 kings 17
Living with loss
Once there was a widow who lived with her young son. She had been through so much in her life and I cannot begin to understand the pain and suffering that she felt. The days after her husband died were … Continue reading
A leap of faith
There was a drought but God had miraculously provided for Elijah at Kerith brook. When the stream dried up God said, ‘Go and live in the village of Zarephath, near the city of Sidon.’ It was 80 miles from Zarephath … Continue reading
Posted in Faith, God is with us, Listening to God, trust Tagged 1 kings 17, Elijah and widow, oil and flour won't run out, trust, wrong direction, Zarephath 3 Comments
When God does something weird
Elijah had told the king it wouldn’t rain and there was now a drought in the land. God led Elijah to a remote area where he camped by a small stream and some ravens brought him food. WHOA, say that … Continue reading
Posted in Bible, Faith, God loves us, Relationship with God, trust Tagged 1 kings 17, elijah, fed by ravens, God provides, kerith brook 5 Comments