Thankfully we did have the GPS coordinates and so we soon had the geocache that we were searching for in hand despite the unhelpful clue. (Geocaching is a type of treasure hunting using GPS to lead you to the coordinates a where a cache is hidden).
After finding the cache, I realized that my daughter was still searching and when I asked her why, she said that she was looking for the invisible man. She even started calling out to him because she wanted him to come out from wherever he was hiding so she could see him.
What are we looking for?
Are you searching for an ideal in life that isn’t achievable or sustainable?
- I would like to have peace and quiet all the time
- I need everyone to like me
- I want to be rich
- I want it to feel like I am always on holiday
All these things feel like good things to aim for, but if they are our goals in life then we are almost certainly going to end up disappointed.
How about this instead?:
- I would like to find peace in a this life that can often be stressful
- I recognize that not everyone will like me but I want to do what I can to be approachable and friendly
- I would like to be content in life
- I want to enjoy taking time off and I will make the most of it by resting and having fun when the opportunity comes along.
What are you looking for?
Jesus promised a fulfilled life to all of his followers (John 10.10). We can all receive this fulfillment if we listen to and obey what Jesus is saying (Jesus talks about this in the first part of John 10).
If we believe that Jesus is God and that he knows best then the best thing we can do is to look for him and to follow him in each and every situation.
Are we looking for Jesus?