It’s amazing to think that the indestructible, all powerful God chose to make himself vulnerable by coming into this world in a fragile human body.
At a recent service we asked people to create costumes and accessories to show the sort of things that they would give to someone going into dangerous territory. We had a fantastic time and the results were fairly (okay, very!!) hilarious.
We then contrasted this with Jesus who in becoming human gave up so much. Jesus is:
- The indestructible God who entered a fragile human body.
- God who can be everywhere and see all things but he limits himself to a body.
- God who knows everything but he limits himself to a human brain.
- God who is all-powerful but as a human he has to receive power from the Holy Spirit.
- God who created and runs the universe but he submits to human parents.
We thought about the incarnation (God becoming human) from God the fathers perspective. It is incredible to think of God sending his son in such a vulnerable state because most parents want to…
View original post 304 more words